Why this is the worst thing you can tell yourself as a mother...
As mothers the most common thing we do is sacrifice. We sacrifice our time, our energy, our bodies, our sanity , and our goals and dreams all in the name of creating the life and love we want our children to have. Does this sound familiar?
" When the children are older, then I'll have time to focus on me."
I can't tell you how many times I've heard this from women... unhappy women. And I think to myself, but why don't you want to be happy and healthy now? Why don't you want to show your kids that version of you? Why don't you want that for yourself as much as you want it for your children?
I can show you how to make yourself a priority and why it's going to not only change how you feel about yourself, and your life, but have an incredible impact on your children as well.
Making and taking time in our daily routines for ourselves once children arrive is a challenge. You will get no argument there. In fact after I had my second set of twins, I believed it was near impossible. Then I had a moment when I realized if I didn't do something, I was doing my children a huge disservice. They were not getting the best of me, because I wasn't taking care of me.
BECAUSE WE ARE IN CHARGE OF OTHERS, WE NEED TO CARE FOR OURSELVES!
Does this sound like you? Are you someone who takes care of everyone else before you think of your own needs? Does everyone have their food at the table and everything they need before you even sit down? Does everyone have clean clothes and baths before you do, if you even get one? I'm talking about your significant other also. Are everyone's physical, mental and emotional needs met before your's? If you said yes to any of these, then you are not alone, you are a mom. But my guess is, not the happiest one you could be.
But I ask you to think about these questions....
If your not healthy, who's going to be around to take care of your kids?
Who will celebrate their successes and beautiful victories in life if you are not physically and mentally able to?
In addition to your physical health, what about your mental health and happiness? Your goals and dreams for yourself separate from that of being a mother? Yes it's ok to have those!!
If you are not happy with who you are and how you feel, how does that impact your relationship with your spouse or your friends? Making the kids your main priority also means we are not making our relationship a priority as frequently either. What happens when the kids are gone? Will you know each other anymore?
The good news is, you can take steps to change this today!
Start by asking yourself :
1. What is one thing I can do today to feel more alive, more vibrant, more energetic? Just one thing.
Then do it.
2. Tell a friend, your spouse or someone who truly gets you, that you are wanting to make a change and you would like their support. Speaking it out loud makes it real!
3. Make a list of all the things you would like to do that energize, invigorate, and excite you. That connect you more to you. Pick just one a week or two a week to do, and enlist the help of that friend, spouse or support person in making you stick to it.
4. Make an appointment with yourself and keep it! You are worth it!
5. Sign up to receive awesomeness in your inbox and joining the other mamas on their own missions to live more vibrantly, and energetically for themselves and their children.
Join us today!